Now the Italian government was faster than me. I planned to sum up the Christmas Decree for you, but on the 30th December another decree was published (Decreto-legge 30 dicembre 2021, n. 229) that will take effect on the 10th January. I will recap the decrees for you here:
With the decree of the 30 December 2021 until the end of march 2022 you will need the Super Green Pass (here you find more infos on it) for the following services starting from the 10th January:
- Hotels and hospitality
- Celebrations after civic or religious ceremonies
- Village fete and fairs
- Restaurants also outside
- Funiculars/ski lifts …
- Swimming pool, team sport and Spas also outside
- Culture centres, social centres, … also outside
- Public transportation (also local and regional)
With the decree of the 24th December instead it was decided that
- Facial masks are mandatory also outside (including so-called white areas) – a normal chirurgical mask is fine
- FFP2 facial mask mandatory on public transportation and in theaters, at events, … inside and outside
This decree has already taken effect.
Please always check on further changes or measures as these can change. You can find more information on the website of your embassy/ministry for foreign affairs or on the website of the Italian Health Ministry (Ministero della Salute).